It’s that time of year … school holidays in Cairns can be loads of fun for parents and kids, so long as you are prepared!
We have a couple of suggestions to help keep your kids occupied these school holidays … we’d love to hear your suggestions as well!
- Cairns Lagoon – on the warmer days, take the kids down to the Lagoon for a swim. There are qualified lifeguards, shady spots to lay down under, and (most importantly) refreshingly cool water to swim in!
- Cairns Esplanade – after your swim at the Lagoon, make the most of the free BBQ facilities along the Esplanade. The Pirate Ship end is usually a bit quieter, and the playground there will keep the kids entertained while you sit back and enjoy a peaceful BBQ dinner.
- Figtree Playground – located next to the Cruise Liner Terminal, the Figtree Playground makes even the most mature adult jealous of the kids who get to play on it! It winds up and around an established old fig tree, and has plenty of places for the kids to run and hide.
- Great Barrier Reef – we are lucky in Cairns to have a number of reef operators who can take your family for a half or full day reef adventure. We recommend the packages with Big Cat Green Island Adventures and Reef Magic Cruises.
- Headed up to Port Douglas or Kuranda for a day trip? Visit Wildlife Habitat for Breakfast with the BIrds or Lunch with the Lorikeets, or stop in at Rainforestation for an Army Duck adventure through the rainforest.
Of course, Cairns ZOOM & Wildlife Dome is always open to help entertain the kids! Between the animals in our wildlife park and the ZOOM challenge ropes course, we’ve got you and your family covered.
Remember, if you’re a ZOOM Member, you’ll get discounts on tickets and ZOOM activities every time you visit. If you haven’t signed up already, ask one of our friendly team members when you come in.